An iPhone Story

Ever since apple decided to leak information about there secret phone project I had been patiently waiting curiously. Then they released concepts for their new phone, then came the name and official design of the phone. My devotion to the iphone was like a little kid at a candy store.. waiting for it to come out. When they released the trailers of all the things you could do with an iphone, I downloaded every bit of iphone commercials and watched all the spoof parodies of iphone on the internet. Since I wasnt working back then I relied on my parents (especially my dad) to bless me with with the moola to acquire this god like technology. From there, operation "Scam dad in to buying me the iphone" began...

Scene1, Act1
me: (taping away on keyboard as loud as possible with one of the iphone commercials on full volume)
dad: son what is all this ruckus??
me: oh dad i didnt see you there.. im looking through this awesome phone called the iphone. look at all the neat stuff it can do..
dad: hmm that looks like a good phone.
me: this is like totally something I would want for my birthday. (hint administered)
dad: why dont you study and get good results first on your degree. stop dreaming of the impossible!!
(mission to get dad to notice that I want the iphone was a success)
End Scene1, Act1

After the iphone was released and some of dads friends already bought it and had been rubbing it in everyones faces abt how cool it was to own an iphone I realised now was the time to once again start my mission.

Scene2, Act1
me: hey dad look at the new features of iphone they announced (shows new commercial on youtube)
dad: hey thats some pretty nice feature, looks real good.
me: yeah Im thinking of buying one.. dad I was wonderinf if..
dad: ..buy you an iphone? pffft preposterous!! dont make me laugh.. hehehe.. see what you did, you made me laugh now!! (angry tone) why dont you get a job and save for the future and stop trying to buy this worldly goods which you will discard in a few days!!
(mission to get any moola off my dad to buy an iphone down the drain)
End Scene2, Act1

2 weeks later

Scene2, Act2
dad: hey son have you seen my brand new iphone?

THE END
based on a true story.....

SEQUEL (trailer with epic soundtrack)
I fell in love with Samsung Omnia, decided to keep this a secret from dad since he may ruin this for me. He had been complaining lately about his iphone over heating and making noises (yay!)
One day I was doing some shopping for mum and she had dads phone with her since it had a shopping list dad made.

mum: search for the shopping list on dads iphone will you son??
me: (searching and flipping pages and accidentially stumble on to something familliar.)

It was another shopping list, not the one mum wanted. And there it was inscribed in small little tiny iphone letters.. "Buy Samsung Omnia to replace iphone"................

Comments

Simon said…
Hey that's a good story. Probably quite a common one as well.

But if you got the iPhone, hurrah! if not, it sucks to be you.
Anonymous said…
so ur dad WAS right. ur 'discarding' the iphone, even if its only in your head.
:P
Anonymous said…
This actually what you should've done.

Act 1 -
me: Dad, look at this new iphone. It's so you. Every other harudhanaa adult is buying this phone. You should totally buy this .. blah blah

Dad : I'm totally convinced

Act 2 -
Dad : Look at my new iphone !!!
Me : pfftt . i heard it was crap, can't send mms, retarded sms features. blah blah
Dad : (worried) ohh
Me : yeah. you should buy this new samsung phone and throw away that
Dad : I'm totally convinced. Here son, take my iphone.
Me : Thanks dad. I guess I don't have to save and study to get my iphone, with harudhanaa dad's like you.
iecco said…
HAHAHAHAHA! i totally agree with KESS here! lol
still laughing
hahahahaha kekekeke
paperclippenny said…
he sounds so much like my dad :P
Anonymous said…
http://votemaldives.co.nr/
Thom said…
I suggested the idea to my dad, and for a moment he stopped, looked at me.. and kept looking at me... and then he burst into laughter. He had tears in his eyes, he was guffawing that hard.
:(
Sucks to be me. (echoing Simon here)
I may rent my room to save up some money. :P I shall sleep in the garage.
Cool blog you have here.
Cheers!
Thom said…
Oh my. Ive been here before. New layout eh :P
Clearly I didnt recognise it!